Reading and writing proficiency remains foundational in the overall educational growth and development of the child even in today’s tech-media driven age.
Please find below links to scholarly and government reports and studies.
The newest reports are placed at the top as we find them, with items growing less recent as you scroll down the archive.
Also see Faculty Research in Success in Reading.
- Talent Development Middle Grades Program – IES report on a comprehensive reform model that transforms middle schools with the aim of improving student achievement and raising expectations.
- Open Court Reading© – IES report shows that the program is found to have potentially positive effects on comprehension for adolescent readers
- Does a Summer Reading Program Based on Lexiles Affect Reading Comprehension? – A study and report from the Institute for Education Sciences
- The Nation’s Report Card: Reading 2011 – National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) executive summary and report
- Learning to Read: A Guide to Federal Funding for Grade-Level Reading Proficiency – Prepared by The Finance Project