New Mexico holds the distinct honor of being the first “minority as a majority” state in the United States. Here at the border, we are in a unigue position for studies in Biliteracy, English Language Learners, and English as a Second Language.
Please find below links to scholarly and government reports and studies. The newest reports are placed at the top as we find them, with items growing less recent as you scroll down the archive.
- Exploring Approaches to Setting English Language Proficiency Performance Criteria and Monitoring English Learner Progress – U.S. Dept of Education
- Common Assumptions Vs. the Evidence: Report from AIR.org -2010 reference guide by Libia Gil and Sarah Bardack
- ELL Practice Guide: Effective Literacy and English Language Instruction for ELLs in Elementary Grades – IES practice guide, U.S. Department of Education
- Approaches to Writing Instruction for Adolescent English Language Learners – From the Education Alliance at Brown University
- Transitions to Biliteracy: Literacy Squared – University of Colorado, School of Education, Kathy Escamilla, PhD as Principal Investigator