Policy issues and methods of “best practice” affect the happiness and well-being of both teachers and students alike. We at the Center for Research and Outreach believe it is imperative to keep up-to-date with the latest research and policy news to achieve full potential as an educator.
Please find below links to scholarly and government reports and studies.
The newest reports are placed at the top as we find them, with items growing less recent as you scroll down the archive.
- Democratic School Turnarounds: Pursuing Equity and Learning from Evidence – Policy brief from the National Education Policy Center, NEPC
- State and District Receipt of Recovery Act Funds: A Report from Charting the Progress of Education Reform-An Evaluation of the Recovery Act’s Role – IES Report
- The Irreplaceables: Understanding the Real Retention Crisis in America’s Urban Schools – Report from TNTP
- 2012 International Summit on the Teaching Profession – Report from the Asia Society, Partnership for Global Learning
- Assessment 2.0: “Next-Generation” Comprehensive Assessment Systems – An Analysis of Proposals by the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers and SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Turnaround Schools: A Pocket Guide – A report from American Institutes for Research
- Approved Teacher and Principal Practice Rubrics – Rubrics for teachers and leaders from New York State Education (NYSED.gov)
- Our Future, Our Teachers – A report from the U.S. Department of Education
- Accountability Forum Tells Congress: Proceed with Caution – a report from the Forum on Educational Accountability
- The Condition of Education: 2010 NCES Reports – Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- Student Teaching in the United States: NCTQ Report (see also NCATE’s response)
- Transforming High Schools: Performance Systems for Powerful Teaching – Alliance for Excellent Education policy brief
- Transforming Teacher Education through Clinical Practice – NCATE, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants – An American Agenda for Education Reform – by Marc S. Tucker for the National Center on Education and the Economy