Common Core State Standards (CCSS) may be one of the hottest and most controversial topics in education news today, affecting state policy, best practices, and in fact the future direction of education itself.
Please find below links to scholarly and government reports and studies.
The newest reports are placed at the top as we find them, with items growing less recent as you scroll down the archive.
- CCSS-M Wiring Schematic (Graph of the Content Standards) – Jason Zimba’s work, a large PDF file
- Assessment 2.0: “Next-Generation” Comprehensive Assessment Systems – An Analysis of Proposals by the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers and SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Implementing Common Core State Standards and Assessments: Read the Report or visit the Website from Achieve
- State Strategies for Awarding Credit to Support Student Learning – An issue Brief from the National Governors Association
- Common Core Standards Info at EdInformatics – Detailed and informative PDF’s explain common core standards, and link to information by state
- Common Core State Standards: Progress and Challenges In School Districts’ Implementation – Report, appendices, and press release at Center on Education Policy (CEP)
- Reaching Higher – Report from the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices